Announcing ChessVibes Training: our brand new magazine with a weekly column by top GM Anish Giri
Meet our brand new, second PDF (+PGN) magazine! It's called... tatatataaaaa... ChessVibes Training. Inspired by the success of our first magazine ChessVibes Openings, we have decided to launch a second, weekly magazine. The first issue will be published in exactly three weeks, on Saturday, May 7th. ChessVibes Training will be quite different from ChessVibes Openings. Whereas 'CVO' is aimed at the tournament player and focuses on openings, 'CVT' will be aiming at the club player who wants to improve his/her chess. (And who doesn't? ;-) ) On a weekly basis three experienced coaches, IM Merijn van Delft, IM Robert Ris and IM Thomas Willemze, will teach you about all aspects of the middlegame and endgame. And, last but not least, CVT includes a weekly column by top GM Anish Giri!
Want to improve your chess? See more combinations, understand middle game plans, hear about useful endgame motifs? Receive the best chess tips available with ChessVibes Training, a weekly PDF magazine (+ PGN!) co-authored by International Masters Merijn van Delft, Robert Ris and Thomas Willemze, and including a weekly column by top Grandmaster Anish Giri.
What is ChessVibes Training?
Every issue consists of a PDF Magazine and the accompanying PGN file. The PDF consists of eight pages (A4 size) with the following contents:
- Giri's Grab Bag - A weekly column by GM Anish Giri in which he tells about his tournament practice and his excitement and worries during a top level chess game.
- Guess the move - A weekly game quiz by IM Merijn van Delft that gives you the opportunity to solve problems that GMs couldn't. What move did they play? Can you calculate as deeply? Give it a try and see how many points you score this week!
- Improve your play - An interactive section by IM Thomas Willemze that discusses games from our readers. Yes, that's you! You can send in your game(s) and Thomas will pinpoint mistakes and possible improvements from a number of amateur games every week.
- It's your move - 12 tactical exercises carefully selected by IM Robert Ris, arranged in increasing level. Regular tactical training is highly important to maintain your top form, and now it will be easier than ever with new diagrams delivered in your mailbox every week!
- Endings, endings - IM Robert Ris gives a clear explanation of a recent endgame played by strong players, focusing on text rather than variations. Every week a typical endgame theme is discussed, sometimes with the emphasis on the theory, but always providing you with useful guidelines.
The magazine will be published every week on Saturday morning, so that you can devote your weekend to studying chess! We'll launch at the start of May 2011, so the first issue will be sent out on Saturday, May 7th - in exactly three weeks from today.
Recent material, digitally
For their sections in the magazine the authors will mostly use recent games and fragments. However, if needed they will return to a classic example if it explains the basic theme the best. In any case, ChessVibes Training will provide excellent, additional training material to existing books and manuals with the advantage of being published digitally - you can enjoy all material in your Chessbase or Fritz or other software, or on your iPhone or iPad!
For several reasons, this magazine will be different from other magazines in the market. An important aspect of ChessVibes Training is that it will be interactive.
For our section Improve your play we need your input! If you have a question about a game you played, just send it to us and maybe it will be discussed in the next issue of ChessVibes Training so that you and all other subscribers can learn from it!
Meet the ChessVibes Training team
|GM Anish Giri - top grandmaster, currently the world's number 43||IM Merijn van Delft - highly experienced, full-time trainer, author and tournament player||IM Robert Ris - highly experienced trainer and tournament player||IM Thomas Willemze - highly experienced trainer, talent coach for the Dutch Chess Federation and tournament player|
What does it cost?
As a subscriber you'll receive the PDF Magazine (8 pages) and accompanying PGN files in your mailbox every week. A one-year subscription (52 issues, so over 400 pages!) is € 40* (that's less than € 0.80 per issue!) - for price in US $ click here.
How to pay?
Payments can be done directly via Paypal, by credit card after creating a Paypal account (which takes about a minute) or iDEAL. Just click one of the buttons below. (We'll try to add other payment systems soon.)
You'll be creating a recurring payment, which means that in a year from now another payment will be made via Paypal and your subscription will be renewed automatically. Naturally you can always decide to cancel your subscription instead and cancel the recurring Paypal payment.
Click on one of the buttons:
For Dutch clients it's possible to pay via iDEAL, the Dutch online bank system with which you can pay safely, secure and comfortably.
*From May 1st, 2011 our other magazine ChessVibes Openings, which is 4 pages, will cost € 28 a year. Obviously, chess fans who would like to subscribe to both magazine will receive a discount - details will be announced soon.
7 hours 31 min ago
1 day 2 hours ago
1 day 7 hours ago
2 days 4 hours ago
2 days 7 hours ago
3 days 4 hours ago
4 days 4 hours ago
5 days 1 min ago
5 days 20 hours ago
6 days 4 hours ago
6 days 5 hours ago
6 days 18 hours ago
1 week 21 hours ago
1 week 1 day ago
1 week 3 days ago
1 week 4 days ago
1 week 5 days ago
1 week 5 days ago
1 week 6 days ago
2 weeks 9 hours ago