Does 4...Bc5 equalize in the Ruy Lopez?
ChessVibes Openings #8 is out!
Our latest issue of ChessVibes Openings brings you the most important opening developments from last week, covering the Topalov-Kamsky match, Linares and Aeroflot. In Moscow, Russian GM Vitiugov cleary missed our recommendation for White in the Slav Marshall Gambit from issue #6 - he suffered unnecessarily in his game against Romanov! Our IMs also had a sober, theoretical look at the (in)famous game Mamedyarov-Kurnosov.
Which openings are hot in top level chess? Which are not? Receive the latest opening novelties right in your mailbox with ChessVibes Openings, a weekly PDF magazine (+ PGN!) covering the latest openings news, co-authored by International Masters Merijn van Delft and Robert Ris and published by ChessVibes.
Latest issue: #8, February 25, 2009
This week it became clear that ChessVibes Openings can be very useful for tournament players of the highest level. In Vitiugov-Romanov, Aeroflot 2009 White could have followed a recommendation from issue #6 that would have yielded a big advantage, but apparently the Russian grandmaster hadn't seen the issue yet!
The second match game Kamsky-Topalov is featured in our Game of the week, which gives you a theoretical overview of the Classical (4...Bc5) Ruy Lopez. Other lines that are covered:
- Ruy Lopez, Zaitsev
- Slav, Marshall Gambit
- Gr?ºnfeld, 3.f3
- Symmetrical English
This week's opening is expert is Russian GM Vadim Zvjaginsev.
What is ChessVibes Openings?
Every issue consists of a ZIP archive file, including both the PDF Magazine and the accompanying PGN file. The PDF consists of three pages (A4 size) with the following contents:
- What's hot? A round-up of this week's important opening developments, with statistics about the frequence and score of the week's most important opening novelty (page 1)
- What's not? Which openings are not recommended at the moment, according to the top players? And why not? (page 1)
- Game of the week Each week you'll find the theoretically most important game analysed by our two IMs, with a detailed survey of the opening phase. (page 2)
- This week's harvest Four more new important opening ideas from this week (page 3) revealed and described. (page 3)
- Opening expert Every week an opening expert is covered. Examples from the first two issues: Teimour Radjabov (King's Indian with Black), Alexey Dreev (White: Nimzo-Indian; Black: Caro-Kann and Slav). (page 3)
Ehm... can I have a look?
Yes you can! Below are the first two issues which you can download for free!
- What's hot? A round-up of the most important opening developments in 2008, with statistics about the frequence and score of Topalov's amazing novelty 12.Nxf7 against Vladimir Kramnik, at Corus 2008
- What's not? What changed in the Sveshnikov Sicilian? Why were the Nimzo- and Queen's Indian less played in 2008?
- Game of the week As arguably the most spectacular game of 2008, our two IMs cover the game Topalov-Kramnik, Wijk aan Zee 2008, with extensive annotations.
- This week's harvest What were the four most important opening ideas from 2008? The 0 issue answer this question!
- Opening expert Teimour Radjabov and the King's Indian.
- What's hot? A round-up of the first week of January 2009, describing the most important opening developments, statistics about the frequence and score of Almasi's 13.Nxb5!? against Ni Hua, in Reggio Emilia.
- What's not? This week many Maroczy's were played, but did they change the theoretical verdict?
- Game of the week Our two IMs cover the game Almasi-Ni Hua, which turned out to be decisive for this year's Reggio Emilia tournament.
- This week's harvest Coverage of the four most important opening ideas from the first week of 2009, including the Najdorf with 6.Be3/8...h5 and the Symmetrical English.
- Opening expert Alexey Dreev (White: Nimzo-Indian; Black: Caro-Kann and Slav)
What does it cost?
Singles issues cost ‚Ç¨ 1.00. After paying in our online shop (click the button below), you'll receive a secure download link of the ZIP file.
You can subscribe too! This way you'll receive the PDF Magazine and accompanying PGN files in your mailbox every week.
5 hours 39 min ago
13 hours 24 min ago
1 day 10 hours ago
1 day 17 hours ago
2 days 10 hours ago
2 days 15 hours ago
2 days 15 hours ago
2 days 18 hours ago
3 days 5 hours ago
3 days 5 hours ago
4 days 7 hours ago
4 days 16 hours ago
5 days 9 hours ago
5 days 15 hours ago
6 days 8 hours ago
6 days 10 hours ago
6 days 15 hours ago
6 days 16 hours ago
1 week 6 hours ago
1 week 17 hours ago