This week's harvest from Linares and the Bundesliga
ChessVibes Openings #9 is out!
Our latest issue of ChessVibes Openings brings you the most important opening developments from last week, focusing on the Linares and the Bundesliga. All major 'TNs' (theorical novelties) from those events are covered in both our section "This week's harvest" and our "Game of the Week", which gets you full updated on the system 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.Nxd4 Bb4!? - a brilliant invention by the late GM Tony Miles.
Which openings are hot in top level chess? Which are not? Receive the latest opening novelties right in your mailbox with ChessVibes Openings, a weekly PDF magazine (+ PGN!) covering the latest openings news, co-authored by International Masters Merijn van Delft and Robert Ris and published by ChessVibes.
Latest issue: #9, March 4, 2009
Issue #9 contains the latest opening developments from the end of February and early March 2009, or in other words: all you need to know about the latest opening developments from Linares and the Bundesliga!
Learn all about the Miles Variaton (4...Bb4+) of the Scotch, which was played in our Game of the Week, where White came up with a fresh idea. The game was played only four days ago!
Other lines that are covered:
- Semi-Slav, Anti-Moscow
- Semi-Slav, Latvian Attack (7.g4)
- Gr?ºnfeld, Russian System
- King's Indian, 7.Be3
This week's opening is expert is Ukrainian top GM Vassily Ivanchuk.
What is ChessVibes Openings?
Every issue consists of a ZIP archive file, including both the PDF Magazine and the accompanying PGN file. The PDF consists of three pages (A4 size) with the following contents:
- What's hot? A round-up of this week's important opening developments, with statistics about the frequence and score of the week's most important opening novelty (page 1)
- What's not? Which openings are not recommended at the moment, according to the top players? And why not? (page 1)
- Game of the week Each week you'll find the theoretically most important game analysed by our two IMs, with a detailed survey of the opening phase. (page 2)
- This week's harvest Four more new important opening ideas from this week (page 3) revealed and described. (page 3)
- Opening expert Every week an opening expert is covered. Examples from the first two issues: Teimour Radjabov (King's Indian with Black), Alexey Dreev (White: Nimzo-Indian; Black: Caro-Kann and Slav). (page 3)
Ehm... can I have a look?
Yes you can! Below are the first two issues which you can download for free!
- What's hot? A round-up of the most important opening developments in 2008, with statistics about the frequence and score of Topalov's amazing novelty 12.Nxf7 against Vladimir Kramnik, at Corus 2008
- What's not? What changed in the Sveshnikov Sicilian? Why were the Nimzo- and Queen's Indian less played in 2008?
- Game of the week As arguably the most spectacular game of 2008, our two IMs cover the game Topalov-Kramnik, Wijk aan Zee 2008, with extensive annotations.
- This week's harvest What were the four most important opening ideas from 2008? The 0 issue answer this question!
- Opening expert Teimour Radjabov and the King's Indian.
- What's hot? A round-up of the first week of January 2009, describing the most important opening developments, statistics about the frequence and score of Almasi's 13.Nxb5!? against Ni Hua, in Reggio Emilia.
- What's not? This week many Maroczy's were played, but did they change the theoretical verdict?
- Game of the week Our two IMs cover the game Almasi-Ni Hua, which turned out to be decisive for this year's Reggio Emilia tournament.
- This week's harvest Coverage of the four most important opening ideas from the first week of 2009, including the Najdorf with 6.Be3/8...h5 and the Symmetrical English.
- Opening expert Alexey Dreev (White: Nimzo-Indian; Black: Caro-Kann and Slav)
What does it cost?
Singles issues cost ‚Ç¨ 1.00. After paying in our online shop (click the button below), you'll receive a secure download link of the ZIP file.
You can subscribe too! This way you'll receive the PDF Magazine and accompanying PGN files in your mailbox every week.
8 hours 40 min ago
1 day 3 hours ago
1 day 12 hours ago
2 days 7 hours ago
3 days 20 hours ago
5 days 11 hours ago
5 days 13 hours ago
6 days 8 hours ago
6 days 16 hours ago
1 week 17 hours ago
1 week 2 days ago
1 week 2 days ago
1 week 2 days ago
1 week 3 days ago
1 week 4 days ago
1 week 5 days ago
1 week 6 days ago
2 weeks 16 hours ago
2 weeks 1 day ago
2 weeks 3 days ago